Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) is a secure and effective daily pill that may reduce your risk greatly of HIV disease. PrEP is much more good at stopping HIV invest the it each day
To begin with on PrEP, talk to your regular medical practitioner or nursing assistant, or see A health that is sexual Clinic. There are also other clinics that offer PrEP by calling 311 or visiting the NYC wellness Map.
Is PrEP right in my situation?
To learn if PrEP is suitable for you, first get tested for HIV. PrEP is actually for HIV-negative individuals that are willing to just simply take a regular pill.
You should look at PrEP that is taking if:
- Don’t always utilize condoms during intercourse
- Recently possessed a intimately transmitted disease (sti)
- Have significantly more than one partner that is sexual
- Have partner who has got intercourse along with other lovers
- Have partner who may have HIV and a detectable or unknown load that is viral
- Are attempting to conceive by having a partner who’s got HIV
- Have partner whom does not want to obtain an HIV test
- Have sexual intercourse for cash, medications or destination to keep
- Inject medications or have a partner whom injects medications
How exactly does PrEP stop HIV?
The medicines in PrEP stop the virus from spreading throughout your body, preventing an HIV infection if you are exposed to HIV. PrEP just works so you need to take PrEP every day if you have enough medicine in your body.
Truvada® — the only medicine currently authorized as PrEP — is a variety of emtricitabine (Emtriva®) and tenofovir (Viread®). They are the exact same safe medicines that many individuals with HIV used to remain healthy. Continue reading «Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) is a secure and effective daily pill that may reduce your risk greatly of HIV disease. PrEP is much more good at stopping HIV invest the it each day»