One of the more controversial subjects under basketball fans may be the concern whether Chamberlain may be the most readily useful player ever
Documents and feats
- Chamberlain scored 31,419 points in 1,045 games that are professional. It was the very best in NBA history as he retired in 1973, though their scoring total has because been surpassed by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Karl Malone, both of who played a few more periods than Chamberlain, and also by jordan. Their profession scoring average of 30.06 points per game (ppg) is second-highest in league history, fractionally behind Jordan’s 30.12 ppg.
- Chamberlain averaged 30.1 points and 22.9 rebounds per game for their profession.
- Wilt’s 1961-62 average that is scoring of ppg, achieved utilizing the Philadelphia Warriors, is definitely the NBA record. Chamberlain additionally holds the second three spots regarding the NBA’s period scoring normal list with 44.8, 38.9 and 38.4 points per game. The next closest player is Elgin Baylor, who averaged 38.3 ppg in identical ’61-62 period for which Chamberlain set the record.
- Chamberlain additionally set accurate documentation for rebounds in a game title with 55, resistant to the Boston Celtics on 24, 1960 november. ( The opposing center in that game had been Bill Russell, who’d held the previous record of 51.)
- Wilt led the NBA in rebounding 11 times, led in shooting percentage seven times, and led in scoring seven times, less eye-catching stats additionally serve to show Chamberlain’s sheer dominance. After critics called him a one-dimensional (and even selfish) player, Chamberlain defiantly promised to guide the league in assists the next 12 months, that he did in 1968, at a clip of 8.6 per game – figures good sufficient to match those of today’s point guards.
- Chamberlain can also be the only player in NBA history to obtain a double-triple-double (20 points, 20 rebounds, 20 assists), in a single game. In 1968, he logged 22 points, 25 rebounds and 21 assists. This may be the most jaw-dropping stat line, as it is the ultimate testimony of Wilt’s versatility for basketball purists. Continue reading «One of the more controversial subjects under basketball fans may be the concern whether Chamberlain may be the most readily useful player ever»